Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ramblings & Fashion Week

So my promise to keep this blog updated a lot has obviously gone out the door. I've been so lazy lately, it must be that "senioritis" kicking in. I promised myself I wouldn't slack off and I did, now my math average is a 79. I can usually hassle my grades up, but my teacher refused to give me an 80, so there goes honor roll for 2nd quarter. Oh and my AP Environmental teacher has been out all week with a broken nose, so who knows what my garde is in that class. I didn't read all of Metamorphosis for English because it's lame and I'd rather read Style by Kate Spade. I've been trying to take a lot of fashion books out of the library lately and read up on everything. From fiction to style guides to history, it's all so interesting. I love seeing how trends have evolved throughout the years and stories about people coming from nothing making it to the top. Speaking of style, I decided to change Style Icon of the Week, to the Month because a week goes by too fast and I'll probably run out of people before I know it.

NY Fashion Week starts on Friday, which means starting Saturday I will be glued to the tv watching the shows on UltraHD(ch.729) and frequently checking style.com. I love getting ideas for outfits and seeing what the designers think of. I can't even imagine all the hard work that goes into these shows, it must be such a hectic process. The shows I'm most excited for are THE HEART TRUTH'S RED DRESS COLLECTION 2008, BCBGMAXAZRIA, NA·BE BY VICTORYA HONG, TWINKLE BY WENLAN, BETSEY JOHNSON, NANETTE LEPORE, PROENZA SCHOULER, and of course the MARC BY MARC JACOBS and the MARC JACOBS shows. On that note here are a few looks I put together from some of those designers.


BCBGMAXAZRIA:

Dress and Shoes - BCBGMAXAZRIA via Nordstrom
Bag - BCBGMAXAZRIA via Lord and Taylor
Ring - Betsey Johnson - sold out online
Necklace - Rachel Leigh via Shopbop


Marc By Marc Jacobs:


Everyting MBMJ - via Shopbop


Miss Sixty:


Clothes - Miss Sixty via Revolve Clothing
Boots - Miss Sixty via Urban Outfitters
Bag - Marc Jacobs via Eluxury

No comments: