Sunday, January 6, 2008

Spring 2008

I know I just posted about winter fashion, but in all seriousness I cannot wait for spring. Lately I've been thinking how much a long for warmer temperatures and the sun shining, wearing flowy tank tops and skirts, and just how much I'm craving those 7FAMK sneaker wedges from the February Teen Vogue. All the resort and spring lines have been slowly creeping their way into stores and just seeing them motivates me to start getting in shape for the next season of the year. And then I reminisce the runway shows and pretty much sitting in front of TV watching the shows on the UltraHD channel for hours (I still tune in when they repeat them) and checking style.com just waiting for photos to come up. Right now a lot of spring ads are in the magazines, and here are some of my favorites.


So I love M.I.A. and I love Marc Jacobs so combing the two for the MBMJ S/S 08 ads was genius in my book. I opened up my Lucky magazine and fell instantly in love with this ad and wondered why this one wasn't going around the Internet and the other one where she was in more menswear type clothes was. Oh and this also has convinced me I need an over sized clutch even though I have no use for it.


This ad makes me want to go out immediately and buy a swimsuit. I'm not usually a big United Colors of Benetton fan, but the models used are gorgeous (Hello! Chanel Iman <3) and the colors are great. If I didn't already want to run to the beach, I do now!

I love how Fendi is focusing more on the bags and bracelets than the actual model. They really pop out at you and reinvent their baguette bag in a great way.

I always love Mulberry's ads and this one is no exception. They bring spring indoors and create a hip vibe, and both models are gorgeous. Plus who doesn't want a lobster on their bag?


I don't care how much people dislike these bags, I love them. Louis Vuitton has made a great ad once again and the yellow of the car really brings out the color in everything. It seems like extremely bright colors really are ruling this season.





Just Cavalli is another company who always does their ads completely well. Those shoes are fantastic and the setting is wonderful.


This is just a handful of what is to come for spring/summer and if you didn't already feel like shopping for the upcoming seasons, I'm sure you do now.

No comments: