Monday, July 7, 2008

The end of a chapter?

There is a good reason they call these ceremonies "commencement exercises." Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning. ~Orrin Hatch

These past 2 weeks have been hectic for me. Prom, Graduation, Parties, and numerous other things. I'm still kind of in shock I'm officially done with High School and that I'll be going into a totally different environment in the fall. Prom was so much fun and I'm glad I decided to go. Graduation was hot and I looked like a Roman God or something in my red gown and gladiator-esque sandals. When I received my diploma I felt a sense of relief, yet also sadness that I won't be with my friends every day. I also started freaking out because I thought they gave me a regular diploma instead of advanced regents, but it was written so tiny it was easy not to notice it, ridiculous. All my relatives and family friends have been congratulating me and telling me I'm done with the 1st chapter of my life. I feel like how can I end something when I still have so much more to experience. I don't see my life as chapters but rather one continuous flow of not knowing what will happen next. I have orientation for college on Wednesday and I'm nervous beyond belief. I'm not one to immediately jump into conversations wit people I know nothing about and this should be an interesting experience. Hopefully I'll have a real fashion-related post soon, but for now here are some pictures from prom and graduation.

Dress- I didn't want to spend a ton of money on one night so hooray for getting my dress on sale for $100 at Lord&Taylor, plus I already had the shoes and clutch. I actually got something else in place of all the money I saved on prom, but I'll show you that in another post.




Graduation:



Ahh yes what greatness it was to be in bright red gowns when its 88 degrees, 100% humidity, and 9 in the morning, not to mention they ran out of water for us and were left only with ice, but it was a nice ceremony none the less.

No comments: